Friday 18 September 2015

Album Cover Inspiration - Michael



Artist: Moose Blood
Album: I'll Keep You in Mind, From Time to Time

I am inspired by this album cover as I like the style and simplicity of it. I will use this album cover as inspiration and for ideas when I create my own digipak. The image of the campfire and the girl behind it will also match scenes in our video, as we will plan to use videos of youth around a bonfire. I also like the minimalism of the sans-serif small white font, I will defiantly incorporate aspects of this cover on my own.





Artist: Eagulls 
Album: EAGULLS

I like this cover as I am drawn to the grittiness of the image used in the background. The logo of the band is also placed on the cover, I like this feature as the logo is quite simple and doesn't distract too much from the image. This cover inspires me to use images that don't incorporate the band members on my cover.




Artist: James Blake
Album: Overgrown

This album cover intrigues me and also inspires me to involve band members in my cover. The photo of the artist, stood in the snow with smoke behind him, intrigues me as it gives away nothing to reveal the type of music on the album. There is also no obvious title or artists name on the front, which draws in a potential buyer to pick it up and look more closely. This album also is quite simplistic due to the lack of font on the cover. This inspires me as it makes me think of whether to include text in my cover or not. 




Artist: Joyce Manor
Album: Never Hungover Again

I like this cover as, similarly to the rest, it follows a minimal style. This cover is interesting as the bar-code and title of the album appears to be like a magazine. I like the font used in this cover and would like to use something similar, but maybe without the magazine appearance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment