Friday 2 October 2015

Drenge & Superfood Digipaks - Michael



Both the ‘Undertow’ and the ‘Superfood’ digipaks, shown above, are available in both vinyl and CD versions. This has inspired me to include vinyl covers and packages into my research when creating a digipak for my own album. Other than the medium of the storage of music, these albums have also inspired me due to their designs. 

I am a big fan of all Drenge's artwork and this cover is no exception. All images that the alternate rock duo use on their covers follow a similar style. None of their covers contain writing and all are either a stand alone image or a graphic and are used to make the audience think or to draw them in to buying the album. I will take inspiration from these covers when creating my own, as I like the 'gritty' and interesting vibes they have. Even though the genre of our band does not match that of Drenge's, I believe I can still use this style of cover to inspire my own.   



Although I'm not a big fan of the Superfood album cover, or style of the design. I like how the front cover connects to the back on the CD digipak. One image is stretched across, so when unfolded a whole complete image is revealed. I'd like to incorporate this type of design when creating my own. I have the idea of possibly use an image of the band members on the inside panels. The Superfood album has inspired me to stretch this image across the two inside panels, as I believe this would be an effective look.






No comments:

Post a Comment