Sunday 15 November 2015

Changes to Digipak

After reviewing the comments people had left on my digipak, I found that there were many places I could improve this to make it more appealing to an audience.

The first change I made as where the text was placed on the font cover, as in my draft it did not look professional, it does not fit well with the image. After looking at actual bands album covers I found that having the text over laying the image of the band looks professional. I also changed the name of the album as I did not like it. On the spine of the digipak I added the name of the album as this is what is on the spine for professional digipaks also I used a catalogue number as then it looks like an actual digipak. Also the song list on the back cover I moved due to me having to change the image I wanted the text to stand out.

The next change I made was the image on the back cover. I changed this because the draft image did not match the feel of the digipak and looked out of place with the rest of it. The image on the final piece was the image from my draft advert that I changed, I felt that having a back cover that matched the front looked professional.

Also I changed the inside right cover as, although I liked having the band logo there, I felt that having a better image there would look more professional. I first changed it to an image of an A I wrote using a light on a black background, after getting feedback on this I felt that changing it would be a good idea. I then took a screenshot of the opening scene to our finished music video as this way they would link very well together.


On my first draft of my digipak I had a black layer on the inside left panel, after getting feedback from this I decided that it was too plain so I tried to find an image that would it well there. I chose the image I had previously used on the inside right panel, this fit well in that spot. However, due to this panel having a slit in it for the in-slip to go in, it distorted the image slightly. I decided to change this for my final piece 









No comments:

Post a Comment