Monday 30 November 2015

My Creative Journey Explained // Sachin Mistry

My initial ideas started with the band Placebo in the top right hand corner. I saw this image and was intrigued by the framing of the people and the different expressions they possess. As you can see to the right of this image I tried to duplicate this image but with a slight difference putting a twist on the image. I did this by creating a shadow on on of the band members but essentially making their faces brighter. I like this affect as it also emphasises my album title 'Hard Light' which was the effect that I was going for. The third image is also interesting as it is similar to the Placebo's photo but it is painted and likewise the faces are connected which makes the painting stand out more.


The next step was to establish a font, the one that you see at the top is the Orator Std Medium. The reason that I like this font is because of the larger than normal space in between the letters. Also I like how they are all caps as it brings a simplistic feels to the Album cover I like. The next one is Roboto Regular Condensed, this is also another simple font, and style of the letters are slightly bold which makes it easy to read and attractive to the eye. The third one down is the AR Bonnie Regular font, the reason why I liked this font is because of the way it looks slightly old fashioned but I don't think that it would suit our music genre too well. The last one is AR Blanca Regular which is an unusual font, as it is in italics and also it has quite an old fashioned theme to it sort of like calligraphy. 



Then I decided on a colour scheme which I could potentially use throughout my digipak. I then did some experiments with Max, as he was playing one of the band members and on a photo I took, from a photoshoot, I added a black and white filter which matched the colour scheme.At this point I spent some time looking at images of double exposure photos which I thought looked amazing, and the effect is as if the person is fading away. As you can see on the far right that I have tried this effect with Max and George, I fell like this could have been a goof idea for an album cover. Also when choosing images to 'overlay' on top of the original image I made sure that they where matching the colour scheme of the blacks, greys and whites. 



This is the Dirty Projectors album cover which I found when search for album cover inspirations, I have also analysed this album cover and said that I like the way that they have photographed a two because it looks like they are looking at each other and also as they have blank facial expressions it intrigues me as the font of the name of the band and the name of the album in small and situated in the top left and right hand corners. Below is a photo from one of the photo shoots I did and what I tried to do is recreate the photos, but as i took them from a higher angle I didn't quite like the look of photo. 


This is the 'Ghajini' digipak where I took my inspiration from. It is an indian movie and this is the sound track on CD presented in a digipak form. The reason why I like this is because the photos, specifically the polaroid like photos which I thought looked authentic. 


This is the side shot that I used for one of the panels in my digipak. The image to the right is edited with a sepia effect on it. I think that this looks good as it gives deep blues and orangey coppery colours which I really like. I then copied the same image over onto a Photo Shop page and started to experiment with the image. What I eventually did was smudge the image so that it looked like a brushed effect which became the background to the other two inside panels. If I could make changes I wish that I could use the edited image in my digipak as it would maintain the same colour scheme.



As you can see on the right the top image is of the band 'Years and Years' and these photos are form the interview by COUPdeMAIN a music/lifestyle magazine from New Zealand. I liked the idea of the polaroid which is a development from the 'Ghajini' digipak as these also include them. 


This is the colour scheme for my digipak,, and even though I has 6 colours I think that this is the main colours as these are the ones which attract the consumers attentions when looked at.


This is the splash hands which I created. I saw this effect on Tumblr and then I looked on YouTube for tutorials, and then made this hand image. I then tried to make this on Max who played the main character in the music video. 

This is the band logo that I created for the band and also for our group. I think that this represents us very well and also as I used this in our pitch our peers identified this and linked it to our band which is exactly what we wanted. 


This is the final digipak on the bottom right hand corner and the one to the left is the album cover. The image above and to the left of this is the image which I used and also edited in Photo Shop for my digipak album cover and advert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment