Tuesday 15 December 2015

Evaluation Question 2 Draft - Michael

Evaluation Question 2: How Effective is the Combination of Your Main Product and Ancillary Texts?


I believe that the combination between our music video and my own personal ancillary texts is effective. When creating my digipak and magazine advert I had to take into consideration how it would work an appear alongside our final media product, the music video. 



When taking images to use in my digipak and advert, I decided that I wanted the atmosphere and feeling of the photos to be the same as that in the music video. This meant I had to take a photo that would make the audience think and may appear a little solemn. To do this I experimented with different techniques and styles of photography. I knew I wanted the photo I would take to be dark, so that it could match the overall tone and literal colour of the music video, which is shot mostly at night time.  The image I selected to use incorporated all of these criteria that I wanted it to.





Even though my front cover was the most important part of my digipak, when combining this alongside the main media product, it was also important for me to ensure the rest of my digipak continued with a similar theme and style, so that it wasn't just the cover that worked effectively alongside the music video. To ensure I did this, I used similarly dark photos to try and convey a similar tone and feeling.
I ensured that when creating our music video, shots were included that would relate and be linked to my ancillary texts. I wanted to include plenty of dark shots and shots that would make the audience ask questions and shots that would intrigue them. I also looked at the colour scheme and tried to relate this ti certain shots.





No comments:

Post a Comment