Monday 4 January 2016

Draft Evaluation Question 2 - Max

I believe that the combination between our music video and my ancillary texts is well done. When creating my digipak and advert I thought about the music video and how they would link together.
As when we took the photos for my digipak and advert we had already created our storyboard, this meant I could take ideas form the storyboard and recreate similar effects in a photo. An example of this is when the actor in the music video is sat on a bed with a grey background; I replicated this to a degree as on my front cover I have the band members stood in front of a dirty white backdrop, as well as on the background of my advert I attempted to get the closest colour to the back ground of the image.
 Also on the inside panels of my digipak I had an image of a blurry fire which went very well with style of the music video as it is very similar to images on the video. I used the same image for the front of my digipak and on my advert as I felt that having that link between them will make it easier for someone looking to associate the two pieces ancillary texts.

The overall style I went for in my ancillary texts was very similar to our music video as the main theme of the video was dark and depressing however there were little segments of happiness. I tried to make my ancillary texts very dark to match the video, I did this by editing the images to make them look a little darker however was still easy to see the image, also the inside panels are from the music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment