Monday 4 January 2016

Draft Evaluation Question 4 - Max

Evaluation Question 4: How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?


Research and planning
During my research and planning the task were very dependent on the technology I had used. I used many different platforms to complete the various tasks I was set, these ranged from programmes on computers to reading through magazines to fins different images. Google was the search engine I used most as it is very reliable, I used this to find images for my creative journey which eventually led to my final advert and digipak. From Google I was able to use different websites that helped in research and planning. I used UK tribes to find what the target market was for my digipak and advert as well as my group’s music video. This helped as it allowed us to get a clear understanding on what they liked and disliked also the style of clothing they would wear. I also used YouTube to look at music videos that my group and I liked s that we could get a good understanding at how they are shot and what type of shots work well for the music video we filmed. The magazine I looked at for inspiration on my front cover of my digipak was Fader, I like the style that Fader uses by having a bold image on the front to catch the eye of readers. I used blogger to post updates on my work, for example I posted all of my research and planning on this. Blogger is very easy to use and by using tags allows someone on my blog to find a specific piece of work that either I have done or somebody in my group.

Ancillary Tasks
I used Photoshop CC and C36 to create my digipak and advert, this software was very easy to use as the layout was simple also if I could not find anything, due to it being a very well-known software I could research how to use different aspects of it. To get the template or my digipak I downloaded a 4 panel template from disk wizard, and then I imported it onto Photoshop which then allowed me to alter the size to get the correct fit. On this software I created and edited my digipak and advert, this worked very well as it enabled me to do anything to my images to make them suit the band. The research and planning stage helped my knowledge of real media products that worked, having looked at lots of different styles of advert and digipak I was able to identify trends that worked and ones that didn’t, this allowed me to create a piece of work that

Pre-production
In the pre-production of my digipak and advert I used various types of platforms to get images and information to be explained in my research and planning. I used platforms such as Google and Google Images. Using Google this allowed me to search the internet for information that could go into my research and planning; also from this I could use Blogger which is what I posted all of my work onto. During pre-production my group produced a story board which consisted of the various shots that we would use during the filming of our music video as well as an animatic which was a picture video of the story =board to show what it would look like. To create the storyboard we used hand drawn images and little text to get the bases of our music video. To create our animatic we used Final Cut Pro X on the Apple IMac as this was the best software to edit on.
Production
During the production of our media products we used a large amount of technology that enabled us to complete tasks. To begin with we used a Panasonic HC-V700, however after reviewing some of the videos we had taken, we realised that the image quality was not to a high enough standard, therefore we decided to change to a Nikon D7200 and a Canon 100D to film our music video, this proved to be the correct choice to make as the quality of the videos were far better than the Panasonic. The decision to use two cameras went down to not having enough free time together as a group and with the actors. Me being in the music video meant that I could not film any of the shots myself, however the people that did film took into account my suggestions on various shots that we took, this meant I had the same impact as them of shots. During production we set up a group chat on an app called ‘Whatsapp’ this made it easier to communicate with each other when we weren’t together, also we could get each other’s feedback on different posts which was very helpful.

Post-production
In the post-production stage as a group we sat and edited it together, this meant that if one group member was not keen on one of the shot placements they could say and suggest a replacement. We used Final Cut Pro X to edit our work as this was the best option on the school computers. In this software we used different effects and techniques to edit the video. Clipping was used the most as it allowed us to cut down different sections of the video to make it fit. This was the most important software we used as it was to edit our music video, the other option we could have used was Adobe Premiere Pro; however we chose to use Final Cut Pro X as it felt a lot easier to edit.
Other

We also used other types of technology that helped in many areas, we set up a twitter account that we posted on occasionally with updates of filming and editing process. We also used Vimeo to upload or music video due to copyright reasons on YouTube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment