Wednesday 6 January 2016

Evaluation Question 2- Milo O'mahoney

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?



The combination of my ancillary texts (my digipak and magazine advert) started off rough and vague for I had not used the same photo for my advert and album cover so they had virtually no similarities.

This is because I did the two separately with two completely different 'visions' of what I wanted each product to look like. Feedback that I received also outlined that, as I decided not to include the name of the album on the cover, so I could not then intentionally emphasis a difference as an alternative feature because the two products could not be recognized as related to each other. If you saw the advert in a magazine then the album cover online or in a shop you wouldn't think they were the same the product. This is the main reason why I changed the photo on the advert to the one I used as my cover and then I made some minor adjustments to the photo I had set as my cover.  












Since I made the adjustments, I believe that the consistency and overall effectiveness of my ancillary texts has greatly improved. Not only do the two products match each other, but I also believe that the overall quality of the texts has increased simply due to a better image on the magazine advert and a better layout on the digipak.

One example of consistent ancillary texts could be 'the 1975' by the 1975. Both their album cover and magazine advert were of the same design and featured a black rectangle with a border of white light leaning against a wall with "THE1975" in a strange font in the middle. This is the same for any poster or magazine advert and is now instantly recognizable.


No comments:

Post a Comment