Monday 4 January 2016

Draft Evaluation Question 3 - Max



Question 3: What have you learned from audience feedback?

During the process of creating a magazine advert, digipak, and music video audience feedback has played a pivotal role in how I have designed my pieces of work. After posting a draft of a piece of work I would then get comments on parts that the audience liked and disliked.

Pitch: Feedback was first given on the pitch we as a group created to explain what style we were going to follow throughout the process. By getting feedback on this part of the course it allowed us to then edit parts that out target audience may not like, for example: 


Feedback such as the one above helped us a lot as we could get an understanding of what worked well and things that needed improvement. We also presented the pitches in class so that if anybody had any questions regarding the contents we could answer them. A benefit of getting feedback from people in our class is that due to them being in our target audience’s age this gave us more of an insight into what their likes and dislikes were.

Digipak: The next piece of work we had our classmates give feedback on was our first draft of the digipak and in-slip. These were the first pieces of work that we had done individually therefore feedback was very important. I got comments on a blog post from the people in my class this helped as it meant that I could look upon these regularly to remember what they had said, also I got feedback from my media studies teacher on a printed out version of my digipak. This was very helpful as it also meant that I could look at this if I am stuck. My media teacher, however he does not fit into the target market of this project, due to his knowledge of the subject I took his feedback the most seriously.



This comment from Millie was one of the most helpful as she told me what she liked for example the colour scheme, also she has told me that could do with improving such as the inside left panel explaining that it could do with something on it. As well as doing that Millie has also suggested to me what she would do if it were her work. This helped a lot as being in my target market Millie’s opinion was valuable. All of the comments I got on my digipak helped as they each influenced my decision of what to create. All other comments can be found on my blog with the heading of ‘Feedback on Digipak’.


Advert: The same as my digipak I got feedback from classmates who commented on my blog post as well as the feedback from my media teacher. This comment from a person in my class stood out to me as the most helpful, this was mainly due to the clear things he liked and what could do with improving. Comments like Nathan’s were very useful as it meant that the changes I could make will make my work more professional. All other comments can be found on a previous blog post named 'Feedback on Advert'.












Music Video: This was the final piece of this project. For this piece of work my group was given personal feedback from our teacher along the process of filming and editing our music video, this was very helpful as it meant that if we had shot a scene poorly we had time to rethink and re-film parts of it. We did not receive any feedback from people in our class however I feel that the comments made by our teacher had enough influence on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment